Spiritual Body Builders
1. Each month choose a five-chapter section of the Bible to study. Some good places to start include James, Genesis, 1 John, or Psalms. The entire Bible can be studied in this way.
2. If you cannot keep up with the reading, play the portion of scripture from a recording each day and follow the plan. Many online Bible sites have an audio function.
3. While most Bible translations are a beneficial resource, for the purpose of these studies, the King James Version should be used whenever possible because you will be making your own translations. Other translated versions closest to the original Hebrew and Greek are New Living Translation and English Standard. You may also use American Standard, Berkeley, Darby, and New King James.
4. Don't forsake your private devotional times of reading, worship, and prayer.
5. This plan can be followed as an individual, in groups, with a partner, or as a family.
6. This plan is to be used Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday: Rest, Reflect, and Rejoice!
7. This is a guideline for growth. If you have to miss or are unable to keep up, do what your are able to and the Holy Spirit will bless your efforts and minister to the Lord in the middle of your intentions. Be at peace.
"...Exercise thyself rather unto godliness, for bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and that which is to come." 1 Timothy 4:7-8
WEEK 1 - Read
Read the entire passage once a day.
Make a note of the scriptures that stand out to you, but don't study them yet. This is the Holy Ghost Hop!
WEEK 2 - Study
Read one chapter each day.
Study the portions that stood out to you last week by looking up key words and phrases in a Hebrew/Greek concordance of the Bible (Strong's) and from there, a dictionary if needed.
Using a Topical Bible, www.biblegateway.com, or your understanding of the Word, look up other scriptures that relate to the passages you are studying.
WEEK 3 - Remember
Read one chapter each day.
Time to memorize! you may choose one verse from the entire passage, or one verse (or more) from each chapter, depending on your time and ability.
WEEK 4 - Apply
Read the entire passage each day and continue memorizing the verse(s) that you started last week.
By the end of the week, summarize each chapter with a word, and the entire passage with one sentence; which will define these scriptures as they have been applied to your life.
WEEK 5 - Ponder
If there is a fifth week, read one chapter daily and make note of how it is changing your life.
"Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. They word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119-104-105